I love to grill, I am more Childlike then most and my inner child loves loves to grill! Coming up with sauce ideas is fun, using herbs like rosemary in pre-made sauces isn’t cheating it’s adding! Someone told me I was supposed to put the sauce on at the end of the Chicken grilling time but I prefer to cake on the sauce and grill it to golden perfection. I find the sauce when caked on actually holds in the chicken juice and I am careful not to poke the chicken when turning it over.
My Favorite thing to do on a Friday is drink Beer (Leffe Blonde is my current passion) and Grill a large amount of Chicken for all of our friends!
The Community Kitchen is coming along and we are waiting to put in the Kitchen counter tops, sink, and other must have items. A few of us ventured out this weekend and found a farm with a tree house, I studied how they did their rock wall and I believe with some cement and the rocks we have on the property we can manage it ourselves without having to hire someone.
Being self sufficient means understanding all of the tools, how they work, how to build and create. We are free once we are sufficiently able to provide all things we need independently.
It is important that community members all learn basic skills:
1. Self Defence
2. Gathering and processing food
3. Growing, managing, maintaining this farm
4. Culling and blessing as well as butchering
5. Basic Medical and First Aid skills
6. Organizing, planing, developing land use areas
7. Waste management, cleanliness
I am very excited to get moving on our other projects and added to the list is a reading/ library cabin where people can choose a book on a multitude of subjects and have at it! Learning something new everyday and applying those newly learned skills are necessary for adopting them.
Community members naturally gravitate towards their skill set passion and allowing them to flourish and try as well as test out new methods is imperative in ensuring their interest remains in tact. Enhancing those skill sets is paramount during this pivotal get ready time. If we are to make mistakes best be now and not later when fail safes wont be available.
Farm Fresh Food First!
Eating our fresh produce means just that, collect, process and enjoy. The nutrients are there is great abundance when the vegetables are fresh picked! Our health, all community members health is VITAL as each person is valuable to the group. Interdependency is not a good option as far as sustainability and ensuring the group is able to adapt quickly without emotion to change will ensure survivability of the whole.
My Dream Team:
1. Someone with Medical Nursing Experience
2. Someone with advanced processing skills. (Fermentation, pickling, Wine/Beer Making)
3. Military training (With Building skills a bonus)
4. Advanced understanding of Solar, Wind, Water, Energy systems and design
5. Hunter/Butcher meat processor (Understand drying, smoking, hanging, currying meats)
6. Various female gatherers with massage, aromotherapy, basic medical, tincture, salve, homeopathic, and children’s education skills.
Alpha’s in various forms and a few beta’s to support the alphas… Harmony will be balanced as we thrive together eudimonious sanctity!